Edit Email template ?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2011

how do i edit the text content of email

You have signed up for a JIRA account at:

http://192.168.0.10:8080

Here are the details of your account:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: dany
Email: lordrayden@hotmail.com
Full Name: dany d

If you forget your password, you can request another via the link below

/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa?username=dany

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

2 answers

2 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2011
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2011

Hi Sameera ,thank you for your post i couldn t find the email template regarding succussfull user created!

can you please tell me where it is located in order to customize the template.

thanks

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

I am using Jira version 4.3.4

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

The contents of this email are generated with the help of internationalized text. You will find them in the language jar in the JiraWebActionSupport_{language}.properties.

The section to look for is

# User notification template messages

Check out translating JIRA for details on how to modify it.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

where can you please give me the file phisical path cause i am still unable to find it

thank you

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Samir, did you read the article?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Hmm..The full path is there in the link (about translating).

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Sameera : yes of course i read the artilce but it is complicated and didn t help me

Jobin : i am using the default language (English)

yet not answered my question !

Suggest an answer