Emile Vianney-Liaud November 7, 2017

Hello,

I have my graph, that shows the evolution of hours for an Epic chosen:

image.png

As you can see in this image, the dimensions I have are

• Measures in columns
  • Time in Rows
  • Issue Type and Issue in Pages.

Okay. So the problem is that the Epics I can chose is the dropdown are too many.

I want to have only Epics that original estimated hours > 20.

I tried to put a JQL Query in Source Data: 

project = myProject AND issuetype = Epic AND originalEstimate > 20 AND status not in (Abandoned, Done)

The filter work, but now the hours spent doesn't work anymore:

image.png

Can you help me, please ?

Furthermore, can I have a dropdown list that allows me to have a grouping of hours by tag, or label for exemple ?

--> Like the dropdown with Epics to chose, can I have a dropdown with Tags to chose, that shows the sum of Epics with this tag ?

Thank you :)

Emile

2 answers

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Hi,

In this case, you could try the following approach.

At first, you could define a new Javascript calculated cusotm field via eazyBI advanced settings using the following code:

[jira.customfield_epor20]
name = "Epic with more than 20 hours estimated"
data_type = "string"
javascript_code = '''
var chara = issue.fields.issuetype.name;
var charb = issue.fields.timeoriginalestimate;
if(charb > 20 && chara == "Epic")
{
issue.fields.customfield_epor20 = 1;
}
'''

Next, you could open eazyBI import settings and select to import your new custom field "Epic with more than 20 hours estimated" as property.

In the same step, you could ensure that "Epic Link" is imported both as dimension and property (I believe this part should be already covered in your account since you use Epics but anyway..)

Later you could create a new calculated member in "Epic Link" dimension using the following code:

Aggregate(
  Filter(
    [Epic Link].[Epic Link].Members,
    not IsEmpty([Epic Link].CurrentMember.get('Epic with more than 20 hours estimated'))
  )
)

Next, you could use "Epic Link" dimension (where you select your new calculated member) in your report pages as the filter and then "Issue Type" dimension is not needed anymore.

Epic link dimension with member which checks imported property.png

Without "Issue Type" dimension your report should execute faster.

Let me know if that can be an option for you.

Martins / eazyBI support

0 votes
Emile Vianney-Liaud November 20, 2017

... Any suggestion ?

Thank you

Suggest an answer