Due Date Updated - store original date in a custom field

James Tims
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2018

Hi all,

I'm looking to find a solution for the following - where the Due Date is updated on an Issue I can store the original Date in a custom field 'Original Due Date' (that will be blank until this happens).

The intention is to create a Filter subscription that highlights any issues where the 'Original Due Date' is not blank (and by definition tells me the Due Date has been updated at least once).

I have considered/tested the following scenarios:

1. Capture Due Date in 'Original Due Date' when the Issue is created as a Post Function on the Create transition, this works however I found the following limitations:
    • It will only ever store the original Due Date - ideally if the Due Date is changed several times (which we expect to happen) the 'Original Due Date' will capture the date prior to the current Due Date.
    • I don't believe I can create a Filter using JQL to compare 2 dates to see if they are different, at least I haven't found a way of doing this yet.
  2. Create an automation rule that triggers when the Due Date is changed and the action is to copy the Due Date into the 'Original Due Date' field - I found that when doing this it copied the new Due Date into that field (which I expected in all honesty).

Is it possible to use the automation rule but copy across the previous Due Date and not the new one? or failing that any suggestions on how to progress this via a different route?

I suspect the answer is to create a 'script' of some kind but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an 'easy' solution.

Thanks,

James

0 answers

Suggest an answer