Dont allow users to create new customer account but enable email request

Hi,

I am stuck with a requirement for my JIRA Service Desk Cloud env.

The scenario is that I need to disable the option to sign up the customers from customer portal.

I went to Site Administration> User Management > Sign Up Options, did not check the option to "turn on self-sign on" (that means system should not allow users to sign up).

But when i go to customer portal, it still has the option to sign in and sign up.

also, I need to have email request enabled. It's ok when the user that sends emails account is auto created!

Thanks in Advance!

//H

3 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Dec 02, 2016

JIRA Service Desk maintains it's own options, separate from the Site Administration settings. Look in the Applications > JIRA Service Desk options.

Thanks for that!

I did that, Under Application> JIRA Service Desk> Configuration> Can project administrators enable public signup for their service desks? > No. This took off the option to sign up from customer portal. But

Then email request fro users that are not added as customers dosent exist's.

Any idea how to achieve these 2 scenarios?

Thank You!

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 02, 2016

Halby, go to the specific project > Project Settings > Customer Permissions and disable Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal

As the title states - how do you disable the customer signup email but still allow customers to send emails into project and create tickets?

All answers above do not answer question.

You must have the "allow anyone can email requests" turned on for any emails to come through. When this is turned on, new customers who email in, STILL receive the sign up option in which WE do not want. How can you turn off the sign up option but retain the "anyone can email".

In short, all we want is the ability to email requests into projects and not have anyone signup for portal access.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Apr 12, 2017

Mike, sorry if my answer was misplaced. Pushing aside Halby's detailed request and focusing on your last sentence above, maybe this is what you are looking for?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2303

If so I suggest watching/voting.

If you want customers to be able to create a ticket in their name then they need an account (obvious statement). So either the Admin/Agent creates the account before any ticket can be opened by the user via email/portal or the account is created when the first ticket comes in via email. In the later case, as it works today an auto-email is sent back to customer to finalize their account, which they could ignore but realize that isn't ideal. If you don't need to have the ticket associated w/ the customer you could consider anonymous creation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/allowing-users-to-create-issues-anonymously-720415941.html

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

90 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you