Does the JIRA Toolkit Plugin version 0.24 work with jira 5.1.2?

Paul Jarman September 18, 2012

The plugin's compatibility matrix isn't very clear on the subject. It appears it should be compatible, but I am receiving an error for any "Edit" screen containg a Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for edit) field. There is a Critical Bug filed against the project from August 8th 2012, however, Atlassian hasn't responded.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Error (I have the entire error is anyone wants to see it):

com.atlassian.jira.util.dbc.Assertions$NullArgumentException: one should not be null! at com.atlassian.jira.util.dbc.Assertions.notNull(Assertions.java:28

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2012

The short answer is nearly :-)

The Velocity custom fiields don't work because of a bug I've just raised - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29836

I'm trying to see if I can make a workaround somehow that doesn't rely on a core JIRA fix...

Paul Jarman September 24, 2012

As are we. Atlassian said they are unlikely to work on it as it's a version behind.

The issue was first raised 8/8/12: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTOOL-157

Hopefully we'll find a solution soon. We are rather excited about some of the performance enhancements in 5.1.x.

Paul Jarman March 11, 2013

Bug fixed in Jira 5.1.8

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Hi Paul,

There's no information on the Marketplace for this specific version. But you can use the Toolkit 0.25 on JIRA 5.1.2 without problems.

Cheers,

Pedro Corá

Paul Jarman September 19, 2012

Thanks Pedro.

Unfortunately, we are using the velocity fields which were removed from 0.25 due to security reasons. It looks like we'll have to post-pone the upgrade until we can switch the JS to our own plug-in as we haven't found another one with the proper functionality.

Suggest an answer