Does the IDE Connector for Eclipse work with other versions of JIRA/Crucible?

Vishal Parihar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2012

Hi,

I have recently followed your integration guide and did the installations for Crucible and JIRA but when I am about to get the IDE connector for eclipse it says it may not work with the versions of JIRA or Crucible I have (2.6). The only reason I did install those was to make sure the integration of JIRA, fisheye and Crucible to work smoothly. Looks the documentation/guide was not updated recently, so my question is Does the IDE Connector for Eclipse work with other versions of JIRA/Crucible 2.6.2?

1 answer

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2012

Hi,

The first important thing is that the newest versions of IDE Connector for Eclipse (since 3.0) do not support integration with Crucible any more.

IDE Connector should work fine with all JIRAs since 3.13.x.

The last version of IDE Connector with Crucible support is 2.3 (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/IDEPLUGIN/Installing+the+Eclipse+Connector#InstallingtheEclipseConnector-InstallingaPreviousVersion). It supports Crucible up to 2.2.x. It is quite old version and may not work with the newest Eclipse.

Overall the answer is that Crucible integration is no more supported.

Cheers,

Jacek

Suggest an answer