Does adding a watcher to a JIRA issue generate an event?

If so, how/where can this event be trapped? (it doesn't seem to be part of EventType...)

-Amit.

2 answers

1 accepted

Since Jira 5.2 there is http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/event/issue/IssueWatcherAddedEvent.html so you can catch event. But i can't find a solution for earlier versions

I haven't looked at JIRA 5.2 source, but that's good to know.

For previous versions, I just ended up creating my own custom event. Added the 'watcher' event to the JIRAEVENTTYPE table and dispatched it with the standard IssueEventManager#dispatchEvent. And finally, cobbled up an appropriate EventListener (again standard fare in JIRA) to intercept the events.

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure that answers my question.

It seems reasonable to expect an Issue UPDATE event to be fired upon adding a watcher, but I don't see it. I'm resigned to concluding that adding a watcher to an issue DOES NOT generate an event?

i dont think there is a event for watcher may be some one help on this, but it won't fire issue update event on adding a watcher, they are updating watcher using REST api.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,183 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot