Does Jira 8.1.4 have roadmaps?

Gilbert Carroll May 3, 2021

I can't find a clear answer to this, and all the videos explain how to enable it, but I seem to not have it. How do I know?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Yeah, that's the great thing about tutorial videos, they're usually out of date almost as they're published.

Server 8.1.4 does have roadmaps, done via the Advanced Roadmaps (previously Portfolio), but as server is going away, Atlassian are not offering the app for new installations any more.  

It's now only available "off the shelf" for Cloud Premium, Cloud Enterprise and Data Centre installations (and it's built into all of those, so you don't need to install/enable them)

It is still available for download in the marketplace archives, but there's not a lot of point, as you'll need to talk to Atlassian about a trial or full licence to get it working, and it'll stop in 2024 anyway.

Thanks for the prompt reply... is it accurate to say that 8.14 is roadmap capable, but that does not mean that I have it. I think you are saying that it is an additional paid add on that is now of limited usefulness?

So what is my best option forward, do you think?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Almost - Advanced Roadmaps (Portfolio) have been a paid app for a long time. 

I wouldn't say it is of limited usefulness, just that it is currently a bit of a pain to get a new installation of it for Server because it's going away in less than 2 years.

Your best option depends on what you want to do now and in the long term, but there are three broad options:

• Plan and execute a move to Cloud, premium
  • Plan and execute a move to Data-Centre
  • Ask Atlassian for a download and a trial/full licence for Advanced Roadmaps, and start planning on one of the two other options above so that you can keep using it in the long run

Great answers! Clear and concise! Thanks!

Suggest an answer