Does Atlassian support using application performance tools on production servers?

Our company has purchased Dynatrace and we would like to install an agent in our on-premise JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket.  Does this violate any support terms from Atlassian?  Has anyone had any noticable performance degradation while using APM tools such as Dynatrace or New Relic?

Thanks,

Bob

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Bob,

In terms of support, adding a performance tool to your system will not violate any support agreements. In regards to performance issues I have not run into any issues where the performance monitoring tool caused performance issues but I wouldn't rule out the possibility depending on the needs of your JIRA instance, the performance monitoring tool and the available resources you have on your system. You will need to make sure JRIA has all the resources allocated to it that it needs according to the JIRA Sizing Guide and the resources for the performance monitoring application you use will be handled by the OS.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Great, thanks for the prompt response.

No problem Bob! I'm glad I was able to help. Hopefully if someone has first hand experience with those products in their environment and did experience issues they'll chime in but from my experience in Support you should be fine!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,310 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot