Document review

Gene Whitney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2018

I am new to JIRA.

I need assistance with creating a JIRA workflow that takes an issue with an attached MS Word document thru a review process with designated individuals. 

Basically, an issue is created with an attached document.  The workflow would notify the first individual that the attached document needs to be reviewed.  Once the individual completes the review, the issue (with attached document) is passed to the next individual for review, and so on.  Once the final individual completes the document review, the original issue author is notified the document review is complete.

Thanks for your help in advance.

GW

1 answer

0 votes
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hello @Gene Whitney

Welcome to the community!

The moment I saw the query I was keen on suggesting you Confluence with a plugin installed to help you with review. But later I convince myself that Jira would indeed be better out here.

Now, as you have a clear requriement, I suggest you start it off by creating a relevant issue type.

And a WF for this issuetype. You can create your own statuses and map them into a workflow as per your requirement.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/working-with-workflows-828787890.html

You can also put in postfunctions in the transitions to notify corresponding approvers or else put in a postfunction to change the assignee to the approver when the issue arrives at a particular status. The approvers can transition the issue to the next status and even provide their comments.

Once the issue reached the final state, you can reassign the issue to the reporter.

The best option would be to toggle assignees and reporters and configuring your notification scheme to send out mails.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events