Do any of the calendar plugins update in real time?

Angelo Georgetti March 7, 2019

We have the JIRA Issues Calendar plugin on our team dashboard. However, tasks that have already been moved to "Done" still appear on the calendar as due on x date.  Do any of the calendar plugins update in real time, i.e. when a task is moved to "Done" the task wouldn't appear on the calendar anymore as being due on that date?  It would be way more insightful to have a calendar that only shows active tickets that are due on such and such a date...otherwise, what is the point?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello Angelo,

I understand that you would like to display only the issues that were not moved to Done in your calendar, so once an issue is moved to done it should disappear from the calendar. Is that correct?

If I have properly understood it, you just need to configure the filter of your JIRA Issues calendar gadget with the parameter Status != Done, so it would not return Done issues. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 15.50.33.png

Let me know if this information helps and have a nice weekend!

Angelo Georgetti March 8, 2019

Thanks for the quick response, Petterson.  Where can I adjust the filters on the calendar?  All I see is the ability to minimize or refresh.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello Angelo,

To edit the filter you are using you must click on the search button at the left menu > Search issues and click on the filter you are using for your gadget on the left menu:

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 17.52.54.png

Once you click on it, you will be able to edit in the filter bar and define which issues it should return. Additionally, you can create a new filter with the specifications and add it to your gadget if you want.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events