Do I need to get/buy a new license for JIRA 5.0?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012

Our company purchased JIRA in February, and installed the newest version, which was 4.4.4. Now, we're looking to upgrade to JIRA 5.0.1. I've upgraded to this version in a sandbox environment, and quickly ran into problems. I opened a ticket with support.atlassian.com, and my SEN wasn't recognized. When I went to my.atlassian.com and tried to make sure that the developer licence on this machine was correct, I found that I can't request a license for JIRA 5.0.

So, my question is this: do I need a new license for JIRA 5.0, and more importantly, am I required to pay for this? My understanding was that JIRA came with 12 months of support and upgrades which I would assume includes upgrading to JIRA 5.0. Is this incorrect?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012

You shouldn't need a new license. Atlassian Support will help you if you run into upgrade problems. I am not sure why the SEN wasn't recognized though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events