Displaying the prioritising a single Developers tasks over multiple projects

Phil Dyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2012

Hi there, I have Developers working on Issues that are assigned across many Projects. I can drag to prioritise the Issues within a Project but need a way to achieve the prioritisation of a single developers tasks over multiple Projects so the Developer can look at his assigned tasks and know that I want him to work on Issues a & b on Project 1, then Issue a on Project 2, then issue F on Project 3.

Currently in our planning sessions I have to jump back and forth between Projects and tell the Devs which issues to work on in what order.

Is there a way to do this in a single combined view?

Regards, Phil

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2012

Guess that is not possible. Workarounds could be to manage the tasks within one project itself with a custom field in that project to tell which actual project it belongs to (or reuse one of the existing fields like components).

Additionally from an effectiveness pov, the same developer jumping across tasks from multiple projects may not be optimal.

Suggest an answer