Display Epic and it's issues fields in the Issue Navigator/Filter screen

Keerthana Bhuthala August 29, 2019

Hi team,

I have a project which has epics and tasks under the epics. Let's say Epic 'E' has the below fields:

field1: test1
field2: test2

and the task 'T' which is created under Epic 'E' has the below fields:
field3: test3
field4: test4

Now, I would like to display the task info as well as epic info in the Issue Navigator screen alongside like below:

Columns should be like: | Task Name | Epic Link | field1 | field2 | field3 | field4 |

Values should be like:     |    T            | Link to E | test1 | test2 | test3 | test4 |

Is this possible in JIRA?

Thanks and Regards,
Keerthana Bhuthala.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2019

Hi @Keerthana Bhuthala

Not an option using this method I'm afraid - the issue search provides data for just the issue being viewed - so on an Epic you'll see only Epic field data, not field data from any other child issue alongside it in the same row.

An option which gets you some of the way:

• Create a Confluence page with two columns broken into sections
  • In the first section, build a filter which locates the Epic and add all relevant fields to the view
  • In the other column, build a filter which locates the Tasks below this Epic and add all relevant fields to the view

^ This gives you a view of fields across multiple levels in a similar vein - not sure if this is useful in your specific case though :)

Keerthana Bhuthala September 6, 2019

Thank you so much for your response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events