Disable email invite when adding customers to organizations

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

The organizations feature in JIRA Service Desk 3.3+ is super handy! Based on settings in the Service Desk, other users in an organization can see tickets opened by their co-workers in the customer portal without having to be added as participants on individual tickets.

Unfortunately, when I tried to add some test users to an organization, I found that JIRA sent out an invitation email to the users. In my use-case, all my real "customers" are already licensed JIRA users, so I don't want this email to go out. I just want to add them to the organization silently so they can start seeing each other's tickets in the customer portal.

How do you go about adding customers to an organization in Service Desk without sending them an email?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Daniel,

There is a current feature request for this that you can find at JSDSERVER-4641.  Please vote on the issue to add impact so we can get this added to JIRA in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Thanks Branden, I'll give that a vote!

Suggest an answer