Disable email invite when adding customers to organizations

Daniel Eads Community Champion Jul 31, 2017

The organizations feature in JIRA Service Desk 3.3+ is super handy! Based on settings in the Service Desk, other users in an organization can see tickets opened by their co-workers in the customer portal without having to be added as participants on individual tickets.

Unfortunately, when I tried to add some test users to an organization, I found that JIRA sent out an invitation email to the users. In my use-case, all my real "customers" are already licensed JIRA users, so I don't want this email to go out. I just want to add them to the organization silently so they can start seeing each other's tickets in the customer portal.

How do you go about adding customers to an organization in Service Desk without sending them an email?

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Daniel,

There is a current feature request for this that you can find at JSDSERVER-4641.  Please vote on the issue to add impact so we can get this added to JIRA in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

Daniel Eads Community Champion Aug 02, 2017

Thanks Branden, I'll give that a vote!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you