Difference between Growing teams and Enterpise teams options

Hi,

Our company currently have an Enterprise teams licence for JIRA Software. So we have to renew the licence every year.

I recently saw the one-time payment option for growing teams.

Aside from the cost, I would like to know what will be the differences if we decide to change from our current licence mode to this one?

According to the FAQ part, I would assume that the main difference is about support and maintenance?

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

I'm afraid "growing teams" is just the description for "you fall into the middling tiers for number of users"

The licence model doesn't change - if you want to maintain support and upgrade access for JIRA Software, you will need to renew every year. 

The "one time payment" means the same at all user tiers - you get a year of support and upgrade, and you can continue to use JIRA Software after it expires, unsupported and without upgrades.

Thanks for your answer @Nic Brough [Adaptavist].

I have other questions.

With the "one time payment" option, I saw that you can subscribe to a longer support duration. But

1. Are you able to renew the support at the end of this period?
  2. If the answer is yes, does the half-price discount that applies to licences works?

Yes, you're always able to renew support, and yes, a renewal is always the 1/2 price.

The only time you don't get the 1/2 renewal is when you let your licence lapse for a while - then you need to get a full new licence.

To fully clarify my question about the half-price discount, does it apply to the renewal of the one-time payment support option ?

Yes, you're always able to renew support, and yes, a renewal is always the 1/2 price.

Ok, thanks again for your time and the precise answers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you