Deteremine Active Users

Bruce Boutet July 9, 2013

We are trying to determine all our Active Jira and Confluence users. It would be nice if we could filter users on Login Details and/or export the results to Excel. This would simplify managing our users, until that is an option I was wondering how are others determining Active/Inactive users?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013

Hi Bruce,

You can run the query below in your Confluence database to list all the active user in Confluence.

SELECT
o.list_index,
d.active,
d.id as DirectoryID,
d.directory_name,
d.directory_type,
u.id as UserID,
u.user_name
FROM
cwd_user u
JOIN cwd_directory d
ON
u.directory_id = d.id
JOIN cwd_app_dir_mapping o
ON
d.id=o.directory_id
ORDER BY 2 DESC, 1 ASC;

For the sql query to list all the active user in JIRA, you can follow this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jing Hwa

Our Jira (4.2.3) instance does not have the cwd_user table and in Confluence (3.4.9) it is an empty table.

Thanks for your help!

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013

Hi Bruce,

Sorry, I din't know that you're using Confluence 3.4. You should run this two query to find the internal/external user with the group associations for Confluence.

select e.name, g.groupname from external_entities e
left join external_members m on e.id=m.extentityid
left join groups g on m.groupid=g.id
order by e.name;

select u.name, g.groupname from users u
left join local_members m on u.id=m.userid
left join groups g on m.groupid=g.id
order by u.name;

I'm not well verse with JIRA but you can find the list of available user by going to the Administrator >> User then filter users under the group jira-users. This should list the active user.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013
The last login time is there in the database tables. Also I guess marketplace has plugins which can automatically deactivate users.

My cwd_user_attribute table is also empty.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

I used the FireFox TableTools plugin to filter all inactive users and copy them as tab delimited text to report on.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Suggest an answer