Deleting State does not remove it from the Kanban Board

Kurt Jensen November 7, 2019

I am editing an existing workflow and deleted a State. The State contained no Issues and there are no transitions to or from it. 

In Kanban's 'Configuration' → Column Management' the deleted State is removed. However, the State is still shown in the Kanban Board.

Why and how do I remove  it?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

The columns of the Kanban board are different to workflow states.  You need to delete the Status from the workflow (as you have done) and also delete the column from the Kanban board.

Pete, thanks. It's resolved. See my reply to Joe.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Have you published the workflow? If so try re-indexing

Joe, thank you for prompt reply. Yes, I did publish, but couldn't access the indexing function. 

I am an absolute newbie. I realized the State was indeed still visible in Column Management, with a warning that it was no longer used. However, I did not have sufficient privileges to drag it to 'Unmapped'. I got our Admin to grant those privileges.

It's now working as expected. I'm excited about diving further into Jira!

Suggest an answer