It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Deleting State does not remove it from the Kanban Board Edited

I am editing an existing workflow and deleted a State. The State contained no Issues and there are no transitions to or from it. 

In Kanban's 'Configuration' → Column Management' the deleted State is removed. However, the State is still shown in the Kanban Board.

Why and how do I remove  it?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt Community Leader Nov 07, 2019

Have you published the workflow? If so try re-indexing

Joe, thank you for prompt reply. Yes, I did publish, but couldn't access the indexing function. 

I am an absolute newbie. I realized the State was indeed still visible in Column Management, with a warning that it was no longer used. However, I did not have sufficient privileges to drag it to 'Unmapped'. I got our Admin to grant those privileges.

It's now working as expected. I'm excited about diving further into Jira!

0 votes
Answer accepted

The columns of the Kanban board are different to workflow states.  You need to delete the Status from the workflow (as you have done) and also delete the column from the Kanban board.

Pete, thanks. It's resolved. See my reply to Joe.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you