please guide me through step

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

That happens sometimes, even though there are no incoming or outgoing transitions. The only way to correct it, is to copy your workflow, and then delete the step. You will of course then need to use the new workflow and update your schemes etc.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2013

There reason is there are some incoming and out going transitions to/from this step.

You have to delete all those transitions, will be able to delete the step then.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

that was my first thought too. so i tried to reproduce it...failed. even if it is an inactive flow i wasn't able to delete a step without IN/OUT transitions.

in diagram mode you can delete steps even if they have transitions

forgot to mention...tested in v5.2.5#847-sha1:7fd7dd6

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2013

Because, the transition 'Start Deployment' is connected to Live

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2013

But I used to delete steps in JIRA 4.4.0, 4.4.1,4.4.5 and 5.1.3 if there are no connected steps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2013

Hmm, I was just trying the same - there is no delete option until I'd removed all the incoming and outgoing transitions (haven't tried it in the diagram mode). As soon as I'd killed the last incoming transition, I could delete the step.

In the screenshot, I can see at least one incoming transition to the step that needs removing, so it must be worth deleting that transition and trying again.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

i don't have the option to delete "Live"

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

aaah i missed that one !!!! you're right sir

i only focused on the transitions inside the step marked with "<<" & ">>" where i thought they mean IN and OUT going transitions...

but still diagram mode dosn't give a damn...step will be deleted immediately :)

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2013

Thank you sir :)

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

can you try within the diagram mode instead of text?

nitin gite January 22, 2013

In Diagram mode i am getting display workflow to small ,dont know why?

why i am getting display this screen too small in diagrame mode . i am unable to edit this

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

can you try to use scroll bars to find your step you want to delete?

or try using a different browser

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2013

That's how it works. I also get same window in JIRA 5.1.3

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

no it is ok if you switch back to text mode.

just do what we all were discussing on.

Delte all transitions in "Approved"

Delete transition called "Approve" in step 2 (In Progress)

if there are no other steps containing transitions that link to step "Approved" you should be ready to delete it

i have changed browser still i can see only one step at time, need to scroll.its ok.

Thank you

yes sir i am getting your point ,now i am able to delete step after deleting transition in text mode,

Thank you very much,

but the problem is in diagrame mode it display screen too small even i change browser

i have solved my problem in text mode after your guidence.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

nice to know :)

sorry no other idea about the screen size issue you're experiencing....honestly i've never seen that one before in jira.

reminds me of back then where screens got messed up by wrong display resolution settings...

like tryin to view a 1280x1024 on a 800x600 display ;)

ohh... now i have change my resolution from 1366x 768 to 1280X1024

now i can display workflow very well ,but other computer view getting display worse, but its ok

i can work now ,

thank you

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

haha thats nice!!

feel free to accept and vote answers/comments you found helpfull. we all need karma :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events