Delay change notifications.

Auke Swart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2013

Hello,

We are using JIRA for all our issue and change tracking.

When we change something in an issue you will receive directly an email.

Question:

Is it possible to collect changes and send every e.g. 15min an email per issue item?

It will reduce the email traffic a lot.

Thanks Auke Swart

Amsterdam Software

2 answers

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

I think you are looking for this issue (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1369).

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

A weak work-around:

1. Set your notification scheme to never notify anyone about anything (or however restrictive you want to be)
  2. Create filters for the relevant changes you want to notify people about and then subscribe people to them. For example - create a filter for updated within the last 15 minutes (JQL: updated >-15m).

Obvious problems:

• The subscription emails you get won't include the details of what changed, only the current information for each issue that comes up in your filter.
  • If you try to get detailed by creating many different filters, managing the subscriptions of all the filters and groups will get tedious.

Suggest an answer