Dashboard with bugs related to linked stories

Pankaj February 4, 2021

Hi 

In a release we have multiple stories tagged. 

I need a dashboard which will show all  bugs related to each story? 

How to create sush dashboard? 

Please help. 

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Pankaj

using Script Runner I took a second to offer you an idea, if this is feasible at all will depend on if your deployment is Server or Cloud (there are difference in Script Runner) - I have tested on Jira Server.
Also it will make a difference if you have Script Runner at hand.

The query will filter for Stories that have no resolution yet, but have at least one issue linked which is not in Status Closed or Cancelled and are of type Bug or Defect:

project = "Project 1" AND type = Story AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("type in (Bug, Defect) AND status not in (Closed, Cancelled)") and resolution is empty

In case the requirement was not understood correctly, let us know. Maybe also Jack replies with something that suits better later on.

Regards,
Daniel

Pankaj March 2, 2021

@Daniel Ebers & @Jack Brickey Appreciate your response.

I tried but I am getting this errors. 

Unable to find JQL function 'linkedIssuesOf(type in (Bug, Defect) AND status not in (Closed, Cancelled))'.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

You need Scriptrunner app for issuefunction.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

You need to create a filter that represent the issues you want included. Use this filter to create a new board. For me to offer further assistance I would need more details around how you define “bugs related to each story”. 

Pankaj February 4, 2021

I have created a query like below but the problem here is story id's are getting added or removed. 

I have a release ID = "OR-1122" and it has multiple stories in it like "OR-4492", PR-4487" etc. Each story has bugs linked to them. 

project = "Project 1" AND

(issue in linkedIssues("OR-4492")
OR issue in linkedIssues("OR-4487")
OR issue in linkedIssues("OR-1461")
OR issue in linkedIssues("OR-1460")
OR issue in linkedIssues("OR-923")
OR issue in linkedIssues("OR-921"))

AND issuetype in (Bug, Defect) AND status not in (Closed, cancelled)

How can i create a query so that I can extract all bugs against each story without changing query. Hope I am clear. 

Suggest an answer