Customise the Jira Kanban for larger screen resolution

Michael Michael August 17, 2017

I've been using the Kanban features for some time and it has served us well, However I now have a shiny 4k screen and find that it doens't make good use of the available space. Is there any way to configure the columns to better scale to larger resolutions?

2 answers

0 votes
liansheng zhang October 30, 2018

I really like this idea. I make no sense to show a bigger card for a bigger screen.

Is there any pluggin support this now ?

0 votes
Joey_Spooner August 19, 2017

Hi Michael,

My best guess is to use the browser's zoom feature to fill the screen.  I don't think Jira offers any css-based zoom option.

-Joey

Michael Michael August 23, 2017

Assuming you mean to zoom in, this doesn't really make things any better, all this does is increse the size of the contents of the columns, I'm looking for a feature that, rather than flowing content off the bottom of the screens with each card flowing to fill the full column, I'd like to see the cards set to a fixed width and flowing into a second 'sub column' of, for eample the 'To Do' column.

Michael Michael August 23, 2017

Excuse my really poor digrams however I hope the below make it clearer

yes.pngno.png

Joey_Spooner August 24, 2017

That's a great idea/concept, Michael. Unfortunately, Jira doesn't have anything like that. I've seen something like this in SwiftKanban and maybe LeanKit, too, but not in Jira so far.

Suggest an answer