Custom field value in customer notifications

Deleted user October 23, 2017

Hi,

I read through some earlier posts in the community but could not find a definite answer to this problem.

Is there currently any way to use other variables in the customer notifications, preferably custom fields? We would like to add a custom field value (if filled) to the subject of our customer notifications but i couldn't find a way to do this.

We are currently using JSD 3.8.2 and Jira Software 7.5.1 if this is of any help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hi Julian,

Within the native Jira and Jira Service desk code, there currently is not a way to do this.   But there is an existing feature request for this functionality in JSDSERVER-4642

It might be possible to use a 3rd party plugin to Jira to extend the current functionality of this a bit.  In a quick search I found a few different plugins that might have this ability, for example: Jirassimo Email Reminders Notifications seems to have this ability.   There might be other solutions in the Atlassian Marketplace as well.

Regards,

Andy

Deleted user October 24, 2017

Hi Andy,

that's a bummer. I will look into some of our options within the Atlassian Marketplace. Nethertheless: Thanks for this quick heads up!

Regards,

Julian

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Jirassimo notifications is quite good when it comes to creating tailor made notification messages. 

We use it for creating very dynamic messages, and any field your JIRA issue has could be used in the message

True that a bit of knowledge around the Velocity templating is needed...

2 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

You can try our add-on Raley Emails Notifications to get customfields into ServiceDesk message template. There are lots of standard and custom fields supported and if something is missing, we'll add them promptly.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events