Custom Issue Types and Associated Screens

Christina Galligan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2013

I am very confused by the information on the website and I am still unsure of the workflow for this. What I am trying to do is:

- Create a custom issue type in a Project
- Specify the fields that show up when that issue type is selected within the Project

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

A project have only one Issue Type Screen Scheme, but can have many Screen Schemes under that Issue Type Screen Scheme.

In a Issue Type Screen Scheme, we will specify Screen Schemes for particular issuetype.

like ScreenSchemeA for Bug

ScreenSchemeB for Task and soon.

In a Screen Scheme, we will specify Screens for particular operation.

like Screen1 for Create

Screen2 for Edit

Screen3 for View

In a Screen, we will give fields(include system fields and custom fields)

check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type#AssociatingScreenandIssueOperationMappingswithanIssueType-Associatinganissuetypewithascreenscheme for selecting screen scheme for each issue type.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2013

Hi Henrik

You can basically create Issue type screen scheme, allow you to associate to different issue type which will then map to a particular project, for more information on the relationship between field and screen, you may refer to the following documentation:

0 votes
Henrik Gehrmann December 30, 2013

Having the same problem.

I'd like to associate more than one screen scheme with a project.

Going to Projects > Screens > Actions. It looks like only 1 scheme can be selected. See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

How can I have 1 project with different issue types that each show a different set of fields when that particular issue type is created?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2013

have you gone through @Bharadwaj Jannuanswer?

project will have only one Issue Type screen scheme and each issue Type screen scheme will be associated with multiple screen schemes(issuetype level)

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013

Hi Christina,

first you would need to associate your issuetype with the issuetype scheme used in your project.

Second, create your fields, add them to a screen, add this screen to screen scheme (for varoius issue operations). Then map this screen scheme to the issuetype in an issue type screen scheme and associate that with your project. That is basically it.

Cheers,

Udo

Christina Galligan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2013

Can you associate more than one screen scheme with a project?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013

Yes, one screen scheme for each issue type

Suggest an answer