Custom Issue Types and Associated Screens

I am very confused by the information on the website and I am still unsure of the workflow for this. What I am trying to do is:

- Create a custom issue type in a Project
- Specify the fields that show up when that issue type is selected within the Project

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

A project have only one Issue Type Screen Scheme, but can have many Screen Schemes under that Issue Type Screen Scheme.

In a Issue Type Screen Scheme, we will specify Screen Schemes for particular issuetype.

like ScreenSchemeA for Bug

ScreenSchemeB for Task and soon.

In a Screen Scheme, we will specify Screens for particular operation.

like Screen1 for Create

Screen2 for Edit

Screen3 for View

In a Screen, we will give fields(include system fields and custom fields)

check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type#AssociatingScreenandIssueOperationMappingswithanIssueType-Associatinganissuetypewithascreenscheme for selecting screen scheme for each issue type.

Hi Christina,

first you would need to associate your issuetype with the issuetype scheme used in your project.

Second, create your fields, add them to a screen, add this screen to screen scheme (for varoius issue operations). Then map this screen scheme to the issuetype in an issue type screen scheme and associate that with your project. That is basically it.

Cheers,

Udo

Can you associate more than one screen scheme with a project?

Yes, one screen scheme for each issue type

Having the same problem.

I'd like to associate more than one screen scheme with a project.

Going to Projects > Screens > Actions. It looks like only 1 scheme can be selected. See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

How can I have 1 project with different issue types that each show a different set of fields when that particular issue type is created?

have you gone through @Bharadwaj Jannuanswer?

project will have only one Issue Type screen scheme and each issue Type screen scheme will be associated with multiple screen schemes(issuetype level)

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Dec 30, 2013

Hi Henrik

You can basically create Issue type screen scheme, allow you to associate to different issue type which will then map to a particular project, for more information on the relationship between field and screen, you may refer to the following documentation:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

301 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you