Custom Filter on users work that day

Tony October 12, 2018

I am trying to create a JQL query which will give me the specific tickets a user has worked on during the day. Can anyone help with this query as everything I try gives me incorrect results.

1 answer

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi. @Tony and welcome to the Community!

If a user logged his work this one should work:

project = <project name> AND worklogAuthor = <username> AND worklogDate = endOfDay() ORDER BY createdDate ASC
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

It would also perform some sorting so that the freshest tasks are on top.

Tony October 15, 2018

@Grigory Salnikov thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding, does this only work if the end user logs time against the ticket? I wanted to filter if they have commented on the ticket.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2018

@Tony, it's ok :)

Yes, the JQL provided above only works with work logs. What you're trying to achieve is, unfortunately, impossible with classical JQL.

If you have Adaptivist ScriptRunner,  it's pretty simple:

How can I search issues to which a user has commented?

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer