Custom Field add to Quick View

Justin V January 28, 2020

Hi,

I created a custom field in JIRA and I want to add it to the quick view on the Kanban board. For example, when on the Kanban board and clicking on a card, it shows the quick view on the right. My custom field does not show up there.

If I open the ticket, if the field has data, it is displayed. How can I also make sure this custom field is permanently displayed even if the value is blank? Adding a default value of "None" did not work.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Dear @Justin V ,

if "none" default value was not created by you, then it is a synonym for NULL. Add something like "empty" as a default. Then it should show up.

By design custom fields are not shown before they have a value unequal NULL. Not even only on the agile boards.

So long

Thomas

Justin V January 28, 2020

Hi @Thomas Deiler 

Thanks for the reply. I went into Issues > Custom Fields > Configured my field and added in a default value of Empty. However, it still does not show in my full detailed window screen.

Also, when I DO manually add in a value, it appears on the expanded details screen. Do you know how I can add it to the quick view in the Kanban board too?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Dear @Justin V ,

does it show in full screen issue detailed view?

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2020

Dear @Justin V ,

I just did what you wanted on my system:

• Added a Multi-line text custom field called "Acceptance Criteria"
  • Wrote "text" inside
  • added this field in board configuration / tab "Issue Detail View", section "general fields"
  • It showed up unter "Details" in Issue Quick View on the right side.

(Jira Software 8.5.3 / Kanban Board)

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer