Crowd failed to manage Jira System Administrators group.

I can use Crowd to manage all Jira groups/permissions, except for the Jira System Administror permission. The most that I can get is to subcribe users to the Jira Administrators (NOT at the System level).

Is this by Design? i.e, I can only use Jira Internal Directory to grant the Jira System Administrator permission to local users?

Crowd version: 2.11

Jira version: 7.3.3

Thanks,

Allan

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 01, 2017

Please try:

1. Create a group in Crowd called something like "JIRA-sysadmins"
  2. In JIRA, in Global Permissions (at the bottom of <JIRA_Base_URL>/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa)add the group to the JIRA System Administrators permission.
  3. Add the users who should have JIRA system administrator permissions to the JIRA-sysadmins in Crowd.

Hello thanks for the reply.

I have created a new group in Crowd and did exactly as you decribed, however it didn't work since there was an issue with some pattern of group names that I used. e.g.,

• Super Admin (original group name in Jira),
  • Super Admin Jira (new group created in crowd),
  • Super Admin Test (new group created in crowd)

It looked like there was a problem with the original Jira group name, hence creating a new group that contains the same pattern name (i.e., "Super Admin") failed.

Created a totally new group name, it worked okay.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 01, 2017

I see, thanks for following up!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

180 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you