Creating an Issue will not save the value in the Fix Version/s field.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

Using JIRA Cloud - when I create an issue and populate the Fix Version/s field with a value, the issue gets created but it does not save the value for the Fix Version/s field. I can updated it after create with no problem. Anybody else experience this? Is this a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi John!

How are you setting the Fix Version value on issue creation? Are you using some add-on?

I'm asking this because it looks like in order to set the Fix Version directly during the issue creation, you'll require "Resolve Issue" permission.

Permission to resolve and reopen issues. This also includes the ability to set the 'Fix For version' field for issues. Requires the Transition issues permission. Also see the Close Issues permission.

Can you please check out if the user you're logged on while creating the issue does have the "Resolve Issue" permission?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Suggest an answer