Creating a sprint from a subtask

Marcin Pytko July 26, 2012

Hello,

I have one quick question; is it possible to create 'sprints' from 'subtasks'. (Agile => Rapid Board).

Thx for reply.

2 answers

0 votes
Felix Grundmann July 26, 2012

I think you can. Any rapid board is using a Jira filter that collects all issues that are relevant for your rapid board. You will need to assign each issue status to a column.

So, you can define a filter that just greps all sub tasks of a certain project and just ignore their parent tasks (if necessary). Maybe you need to use advanced filtering (JQL).

For getting access to the filter you need to do this:

Open your rapid board -> click on the rack-wheel on the right side above your rapid board and click on "configure" -> click the "Filter" tab -> click "edit filter" (now, you should get forwarded to the Issue selection screen) -> click "edit" and you should see the current filter as well as the current results of your filter.

Change this filter and save it. Now, you can apply it to your rapid board.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2012

I think your question is too "quick". I don't know, what you mean by "create sprints from subtasks". A little bit more information would be helpful

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer