Creating a new kanban board / backlog with the new Jira interface

I'm sure I'm being ridiculously simple minded here, but with the new Jira interface, I cannot for the life of me find out where I can make a new board. Any suggestions?

4 answers

Hi Mike, 

the new design is actually a bit confusing :)

Jira Home -> Projects -> "Project Name". On the top right of the Page you'll find a three dots icon [...], there you will find create Board.

Cheers, 

Saad

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-27 um 13.34.46.png

0 vote

Hi @Mike Hirons

Good question.

Boards are now managed under Jira projects so when you're in a project you should be able to create one there.

This should help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/boards-in-the-new-jira-experience-937886048.html

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Beejal

@Beejal Nagar [London] @Saad Sarakbi

Still struggling I'm afraid! "Add item" doesn't create boards, there's nothing in settings. I'm stumped!

Capture 2017-10-05 at 14.10.15.pngCapture 2017-10-05 at 14.09.06.png

I'm running into exactly the same problem. My project has issues (stories and epics) loaded via the bulk uploader. There doesn't seem to be any options to create a board from with in the project (or anywhere else in Jira) 

0 vote

Hi @Mike Hirons

Sorry for my delayed response. Are there any issues in this project?

If not could you create one and then see if you can see boards?

Alternatively, could you click on your profile picture and select 'turn off for now' and try creating a board under the 'old' Jira interface.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Beejal

Is there any update on this issue? I commented above; I have the same issue. Thanks!

No update from me I'm afraid, I couldn't get it resolved. So having to fuddle it with old projects, which isn't great.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 52m ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

41 views 3 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you