Creating Quotes....

Deleted user July 5, 2012

We are very new to Jira, but loving the way we have more control over the bug/task requests our clients keep throwing at us.

One area that I cannot find a solution to is the creation of a quote. If a client requests a new feature our normal work process would be to create a quote with a high level description, the number of hours, PO number etc, and then send it to them for confirmation (electronic signature).

What would be cool is if we could create this within the Jira system in some way... keeping all the paperwork for the entire task in one place, and also engaging with the client just a bit more, reinforcing the idea that Jira is the place to be.

Does anyone have any ideas about an add-on that I could use (I have looked for an hour within the Market and cannot see anything that I think we could adapt) or are we just out of luck and need to continue with our existing process.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

5 answers

0 votes
Aysha Arif July 14, 2020

Hello I am also looking to use a complete quoting process in Jira instead of creating an issue or epic and attaching a quoted doc. Is it possible now ? Any enhancements or add ons that make it possible now ?

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Are you using Cloud version or Server/Data Center?

Freddy Beltran September 28, 2018

Hi, quoteware is still supported? Documentation link is not accessible. please provide more info (user and configuration). The paradigm is interesting. 

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Adding to Renjith's answer, you can even just upload your quote as a pdf and configure your workflow to have two transitions. Maybe "Accept Quote" and "Decline Quote".

Deleted user January 1, 2013

I was hoping for a more complete solution, so the data does not need to be entered twice.. in fact we are using custom fields to store things like Quote number, total amount, dates etc, but it would be fantastic to put all this information into JIRA and then be able to select an option that could create a document that the client receives.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Hi Chris,

You could write a plugin to do that as a workflow post-function. If you already have all the information in custom fields, you can generate a document and add it as an attachment to the issue.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

Isn't this a case of a couple of custom fields and a workflow administration to be done in JIRA? The transition that you want the customer to do can be called as 'Sign' and that is pretty much it. Or am I missing something?

0 votes
Cruce Saunders December 16, 2012

I'm also interested in finding a way to easily present quotations from issues in Jira.

The only plug-in that I've found so far that mentions quotes is: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid

However, it's very unlikely to be a turnkey solution. It looks more like a framework for creating your own quote system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events