Create seperate buttons for Changes and Incidents

Roy Hofmann February 11, 2021

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-11 om 11.18.23.png

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Not natively, Jira has a single create button because there could be thousands of project/type combinations someone mighe want to create and it really does have to ask.

However, with some code, adding your own buttons is quite easy.  You'll need to find or write something that can add a "web fragment" - these are objects that make up the buttons, menus, panels and so-on that go into the UI.

I would, of course, reach for Scriptrunner here, as it allows you to add web-fragments without having to do any coding (and because I'm with Adaptavist, I almost always have it available)

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

As Nic mentioned, the clean way is to use the web-fragment using Scriptrunner if you have it installed. Or, the dirty way - inject Javascript into the Jira announcement banner.

0 votes
Roy Hofmann February 11, 2021

There is only a "Create Button" on the bar, is it possible to create buttons like "Create Change"' and "Create Incident". We are in the process of onboarding the company and all the teams, some teams find it to complicatie to create a incident of change and is taking to many steps to create one true the "Create Button". 

Are there ways to make this more accessible for the teams? 2 buttons in the bar would already make things much easier to use. 

Suggest an answer