• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create seperate buttons for Changes and Incidents

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-11 om 11.18.23.png

3 answers

1 vote

Not natively, Jira has a single create button because there could be thousands of project/type combinations someone mighe want to create and it really does have to ask.

However, with some code, adding your own buttons is quite easy.  You'll need to find or write something that can add a "web fragment" - these are objects that make up the buttons, menus, panels and so-on that go into the UI.

I would, of course, reach for Scriptrunner here, as it allows you to add web-fragments without having to do any coding (and because I'm with Adaptavist, I almost always have it available)

There is only a "Create Button" on the bar, is it possible to create buttons like "Create Change"' and "Create Incident". We are in the process of onboarding the company and all the teams, some teams find it to complicatie to create a incident of change and is taking to many steps to create one true the "Create Button". 

Are there ways to make this more accessible for the teams? 2 buttons in the bar would already make things much easier to use. 

As Nic mentioned, the clean way is to use the web-fragment using Scriptrunner if you have it installed. Or, the dirty way - inject Javascript into the Jira announcement banner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you