Create a issue using different fields

saikrishna2200
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2019

I am trying to create a JIRA issue using rest api. I wonder how the fields are provided. I see that there are different ways. For example:

1. For summary field, it is just key an value.

2.  For description, it is json object with key "set".

Is there any generic way to find how the fields needs the value to be set?

2 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

Covered on the documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/

Editing an issue by using the SET, ADD, and REMOVE operations. Not all fields support all operations, but as a general rule, single value fields support SET, whereas multi-value fields support SET, ADD, and REMOVE, where SET replaces the field contents while ADD and REMOVE add or remove one or more values from the the current list of values. 

saikrishna2200
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2019

The above link you have provided is for the custom fields. How about the Jira Core std. Fields?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

There are NUMEROUS examples of standard fields being updated on that page.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Suggest an answer