Create a Transition Button that can be used at any status

DanaF December 14, 2017

I am trying to figure out a way to create a transition button that is available for all statuses. I want it to only be visible and selectable by a particular role that has been created. They will select the button. A new screen will come up that allows them to change 6 fields that are in the design of the project. Once they are done it saves the changes and stays in the same status as it was originally.  I can get it to work by creating the transition for each of my 8 statuses but would like to see if i could make only 1 and only have to update 1 when design changes come about.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

The "stays in the same status as it was originally" is the show-stopper.  Transitions are supposed to change status.  There's nothing wrong with looping them back to the old status, but Jira doesn't have an "transition that goes back to itself automatically from all status".  Your "transition for 8 status" is the only way to do it.

Obviously, reuse the same screen for all 8, but you'll need to duplicate the transition and conditions if you add a new status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events