Could not logged into Jira after upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.1.2

dominic oyeniran October 9, 2012

Jira recently got upgraded using the Manual Upgrade procedure and was successfully except I could not log into JIRA anymore. Even newly created users cannot log in a dn I can view the users in the CWD_USER table. The client message is : "Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in - please try again."

Previous jira had been connected to Crowd for authentication but we would not be using crowd for the updgraded Jira. In order to complete the manual upgrade process, I copied the osuser.xml file to jira classpath and thereafter commented out the crowd integration section, enabliing Jira integration for authentication only. This did not work. In the new JIRA installation I have not gone throught with integrating crowd with jira.

Stack trace attached (New Text Document (2).txt)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

You can create a new local account by following the instructions in the link below and then login with that user and make the required changes for the directory configuration.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

dominic oyeniran October 21, 2012

Thanks John and Renjith, I did try retrieving the system admnistrator account , also set a new password for it but could not still log in as the account uses external directory - Crowd/Ldap. So I created a new local admin according to the guide and can now log in into JIRA with it. I will try and reconnect to ldap.

1 vote
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi abbeydom, I found an documentation which can troubleshoot your problem. You may refer for more information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+User+Management+Upgrade+Issues

Good Luck,

Regards,

John Chin

0 votes
dominic oyeniran November 19, 2012

Hi John and Renjith, Just a quick update. I have now connected JIRA to LDAP (Microsoft A D) for authentication and it works fine. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events