Connection Refused to localhost:8080 what should I do?

AR00353866
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2017

I installed jira and started using and when I logged out completely from browser and closed. Then again I tried to login but I was unable to do it.
Please suggest me what should I do?

Cant connect to localhost:8080

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

Usually means JIRA is not running.  You'll need to (re)start it, and then check the logs to see why it's not running if the problem continues.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

In addition to Nic's suggestion, you can also check if the port 8080 is opened from your network to the JIRA server. 

Jose Lecour
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2019

I am very new to Jira.  I download the free version, installed it, but when I try to run it, I get the message, "localhost refused to connect".   I restarted, this time I saw the lower left indicates that it was connecting...but it never did.  I don't enough to do as noted above by Nic...check the logs...or Vishnukumar...checking port 8080.  Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to proceed?  I downloaded the free version to learn Jira.  Thanks!

Jose Lecour
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 20, 2019

Update - Disregard my original post - I changed my default browser to MS Edge and everything came up fine this time around.   Thanks!

0 votes
Daniel Brvnišťan March 28, 2022

If Jira is running, then check your private network firewall settings.

With the default settings on Windows 11 Pro with Microsoft Defender and Google Chrome, the default settings cause this.

Turning the firewall off for private network or using Edge works as a quick workaround.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events