Connecting JIRA to an MS-SQL 2016 Server INSTANCE

Bernhard Anzeletti October 12, 2018

Dear fellow JIRA fans, 

recently I had to upgrade JIRA to 7.12 and migrate/ connect it to our MS-SQL 2016 Server Instance. Unfortunatly the INSTANCE parameter is not available on the configuration screen (as opposed to Confluence, where it is). Furthermore, the screen requires a port (and my db admin told me that I should use INSTANCE name rather than ports!).

Ok, I could "work-around" all this looking at the jdbc URL generated by confluence (which includes a port number that can be "reused" by JIRA connectivity).

Are there any plans to support INSTANCE (in lieu of PORT) for MS-SQL 2016+ servers also for JIRA (as in Confluence)? 

-or-

Did I miss something??

Kind regards, 

Bernhared

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2018

Hey Bernhard,

We do have a previously reported feature request for using Instance (JRASERVER-32541) which was closed as "won't fix".

Looks like a ticket that better matches what you're looking for is JRASERVER-66893 - I'd suggest watching/voting on that issue! For more information about how Atlassian prioritizes feature requests made on jira.atlassian.com, check out this Community post.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer