Configured Screens not displayed on the project

Michelle Genrich November 19, 2018

I created a Screen Scheme called 'Kanban Issue Type Screen Scheme'. I have also created Screens for the issue types of User Stories, Bugs, and Sub-Taks. These screens are part of the Kanban Issue Type Screen Scheme. I have one sample project created called Template Software Project that is using the Kanban Issue Type Scheme. But when I create/edit/view issues in the Project, I don't see the right fields or configuration. What am I doing wrong?

Here are my screen schemes:

screen schemes.pngHere is an example of the Kanban Bug Screen that I configured:

bug screen 1.png

bug screen 2.pngWhen I create a new bug in the project Template Software Project, I don't see the tabs I configured. 

bug issue.png

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Michelle Genrich,

If you click the Configure Fields button in the top right corner of the Create Issue dialog, see if you have a link to show All fields.

Your tabs might appear after clicking that link:

Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 20.13.48.png

Thanks Walter, I saw that but I was confused by the screen scheme outside the project settings. Thanks so much for the help. Do you know if in the future there are plans to be able to create sections or choose to display certain fields on create vs edit? Another question is, can you still create screens that will be used in workflows?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

Hello,

You use the New Jira Issue View. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Here is the extract from this document:

To choose which custom fields appear in the new issue view, head to Project settings > Screens, expand the appropriate screen scheme, select the View issuescreen to configure it. Field order isn't configurable in the new issue view just yet, but we're working on it.

Also there is this one:

The new issue view has one just screen, where you view, edit, transition, and comment. Click any field you see to edit it inline.

Thanks Alexey. That article was very helpful. It sounds like right now, the issue screens is just a list of the fields you want, you can't create sections or things like that. Is that correct?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

Yes, it is correct. You can not change the view of the screen.

Michelle Genrich November 26, 2018

Thanks @Alexey Matveev

Suggest an answer