Component lead vs Group?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2011

Hello can i define component lead as a group of people instead of a single user?

when I add a new component to project

the new compnent is a single person ...can it be a group?

when creating a new issue , i am defining the defaut assignee as component leader (one user)

i want to assign it to a group or a leader with the team working with him

thanks for any help or suggestion

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2011

Samir,

As Nic says, you can't. The component lead can either be empty or be a user. (Not a group).

My suggestion is to have it set to the leader within the team you specified above, and then use a group of users to represent the team. You can then do things like set up permission and notification schemes around those groups so the team is notified of updates to that component

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2011
this is what i wanted to hear )
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2011

No. This is the same explanation as the question you asked about automatic assignees earlier at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/876/manage-automatic-assignee .

The basic principle is that groups are collections of users, and not an individual like users are. Component leads are users and hence the same logic applies, along with the same workaround.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2011
I will try to workaround it..and hope to mark your comment as answered
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2011
Nic .please provide me some steps in order to create the group and set the Component lead to be equal to this group

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events