I am facing a problem during configure my Jira system. Senario like belwo:
Jira Softwware 7.2.4
1. A project with several components and each component has its component lead.
2. Component A has its component lead named Jack(user name)
3. For some reason, user Jack changed his account and modified his name to Tom. component lead auto changed the component lead name to Tom.(It's perfect!)
4. Changed component A's component lead to Mary.
5. Problem: When I want to set the component lead back to to Tom, the system refused with :"The user newDevGp1U10faf f does not exist." error.
6. I can see the Tom user with user management screen. I tried several actions: re-index Project/System, then re-start Jira service and reboot system. This problem cannot solve.
7. At last, I change the problem user Tom back to Jack. all things back to normal!
Please kingly confirm this, and, inform me if you need any symptoms. It's a kindly of busy.
In production environment, the user name uses lower letters. And, JIRA use internal user directory only. I cannot find useful information in logs. I can provide logs if youneed to know more details.
I'm not sure if this problem is related to add-ons. git intergration add-on was intalled, and, problem still exists after I remove it.
Thank you for kindlu update:)
Not yet, we need to dig through why it's picking what looks like a broken user id.
Can you go into more detail on what you're doing in step 5? Assuming you are on the screen where you should be able to set the component lead, and the field currently shows "Mary", what do you click, and then type? Does it try to auto-complete Tom's name? Also, what happens if you try to use the user-picker to find and select Tom?
Was a solution found for this? I'm having the same problem with an account called preproductionHPIDsupport. When I start typing the name, it shows up as a valid option for Component Lead and I select it from the user list.
I confirmed that I can log in with this ID. While logged in with that account, I confirmed that I can browse the project and assign issues to myself (preproductionHPIDsupport).
I can set the component lead to other values - just not that one in particular.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot