Completing a sprint

nathalie.ouwerkerk@alliander.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2019

When i try to complete te sprint I get an alert which says that I dont have permission to move issues. But I have an administrator role. How can I be able to? 

2 answers

0 votes
Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

Hi Natalie, 

you will have to look whether the administrator role is permitted to move issues. So go the relevant project, then project settings and lastly permissions! Under Issue permissions you see the option move issues. There you see which roles, groups or users have got permission to do so. 

It is possible that the role administrator ist not permitted to do so. 

My best

Merve

Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

Oh yeah, another and more important permission you have to look for is "manage sprints" like @Ste already stated. My bad!

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2019

Hi nathalie.ouwerkerk@alliander.com

What is the specific error message you see?

You need to ensure you have the correct project permissions to manage sprints, which you may not have as an admin - just depends on your permissions scheme. You'll need manage sprints for each project with at least one issue in the sprint.

To check for the manage sprint permissions (and any others):

• Access your project settings - (Settings > Projects > Choose your Project)
  • On the left-hand menu, select Permissions
  • Confirm what project roles has the "Manage Sprints" permission

Once confirmed, you can either add your project role to this permission - or add yourself to the project role which has "Manage Sprints"

You can view what project role(s) you have in the Project Settings area - in the left-hand menu select People (Cloud) or User and roles (Server) and view.

You can check Move Issues here also (but that shouldn't impact sprint closures)

Ste

Suggest an answer