Commits vs Source Tab

I know there is another question about this on "Atlassian Answers", but I really couldn't grok the responses...so, I find myself asking the same thing.

We are using Jira 6 with Crucible/Fisheye 3 to access our SVN repositories. Everything looks ok except the "Commits" tab. It seems to just show an Advertisement for "Bitbucket", "Stash" and "FishEye". I already have FishEye successfully linked, so unless it only populates if you are using GIT (like the other answers indicated)...and you aren't using GIT...how the heck do you get rid of that tab??

If, on the other hand, it's supposed to give us more (different) SVN info out of FishEye...then what am I missing?

Sorry to sound so clueless, but this has had me scratching my head all day.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Just wanted to note for anyone finding this on Google.. This work-around may cause issues in Jira 6.1 Standalone. The Development Integration Plugin relies on some functionality of the DVCS plugin: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34700

Thanks for the comment here - I just ran into this myself. After re-enabling, all my issues started loading again.

Looks like they fixed this in 6.1.1.

Richie Gee Atlassian Team Aug 15, 2013

Hi there,

Can you try the steps below?

1. Navigate to Manage Add-ons
  2. Switch to system plugins
  3. Look for DVCS plugin
  4. Disable the DVCS plugin
  5. Verify the commit tab is gone

Hope this helps, cheers :D

Thanks Richie! That did the trick. I was missing the switch to "System Plugins"!

So...is the "Commits" tab only for GIT integration?

Thanks again!

Richie Gee Atlassian Team Aug 15, 2013

Not entirely accurate, actually the commit tab refers to the DVCS plugin which you can use to connect to BitBucket or Git Hub, source tab is the one that Fisheye Plugin utilize. So if you are not using, you can disable it to avoid confusion like in your earlier case.

Hope this explains :D

Is there any reason the Commit tab from the DVCS plugin suggests using it to connect to Fisheye then? I think that is what is causing the confusion

Note

* Navigation is via Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons > System (Dropdown)

The DVCS plugin is actually

* JIRA DVCS Connector Plugin

The Commit tab is designed for BitBucket and GitHub, so not relevant if you're running Stash (like us)

Just want to add, if you have jira before 6.2 - that plugin may be not the part of system plugins, but in the User-installed section

Thanks Richie! That did the trick. I was missing the switch to "System Plugins"!

So...is the "Commits" tab only for GIT integration?

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

134 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you