I'm using EazyBI with JIRA database and projects, I have a few questions that need to be solved
- How can I know the properties for each dimension
- How can I know the field name, table name of the database that is mapped for each dimension/property
- Is it possible to use more than one source for a single report
- How can I specify the hierachy for each dimension
Any help would be much appreciated
- If you expand Measures / Calculated members then in "Issue properties" and "Other properties" groups you will see all calculated measures that get available properties for Issue dimension and other dimensions
- All standard eazyBI dimensions use the names as standard JIRA fields, custom dimensions and properties use the same name as corresponding JIRA custom fields. eazyBI does not access JIRA database tables directly - it uses JIRA API to retrieve issues and then stores imported data in eazyBI database which is optimized for reporting needs.
- In single report you can use just one Issues cube in one eazyBI account. If you want to compare different JIRA projects then you need to import them in the same eazyBI account.
- In each dimension there are just standard predefined hierarchies - if you expand dimension and expand "All hierarchy level members" then you can see which hierarchy levels are available.
If you need help with creation of some specific reports then please contact eazyBI support.
So assuming that I have Issue Dimension in rows and Measure dimension in columns, if I want to have the Key and some custom properties of JIRA called severity Level , SSIR , TBDIR related to a issue how could I access them, or write a calculated member for that? How can I know the property name of it for me to access that through the Properties method?
For all available JIRA standard fields there are already corresponding calculated measures defined and if you will import additional custom fields as properties then corresponding calculated measure will be defined for it as well.
See example detailed issues report with couple standard property fields and couple custom fields selected.
In regards to your statement "eazyBI does not access JIRA database tables directly - it uses JIRA API to retrieve issues and then stores imported data in eazyBI database which is optimized for reporting needs." Is the imported data stored in dwh... tables?
The reason I am asking is I consistently get errors related to dwh tables when I click on 'Analyze' in eazyBI (e.g. Invalid object name 'dwh_13.jira_issues_measures'.) and I can't figure out why. Also, our data analytics team is temporarily pulling data from these tables rather than a direct hit to the Jira production tables to do PowerBI reporting. We do expect to have a data warehouse up in running in the near future.
I am new to the Jira Admin role, so forgive me if there are very basic questions. I was unable to find a support article to answer these questions.
I am Lauma from eazyBI support, a colleague of Raimonds.
Yes, eazyBI stores data in a separate database with dwh tables. See more https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/getting-started/data-model.
For eazyBI to operate smoothly, we do not suggest writing or reading anything from these databases and tables - the eazyBI app should do this all. However, if you are interested in pulling data from eazyBI, I suggest using report result export API: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/set-up-and-administer/customization/report-results-export-api.
If you experience any particular problems with eazyBI, please send more details, including log files, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lauma / email@example.com
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event