Changing the timezone of the JVM in setenv.sh

Dear Support,

Our JIRA server is not displaying the correct timezone. I've read your Knowlegebase article here and added the "-Duser.timezone" JVM argument in setenv.sh. After restarting JIRA nothing has changed. Restarting the entire server also did not have any effect.

Both the systemtime and the time in the JIRA conficuration is set to the correct timezone

The change i made in setenv.sh is:

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam"

Any help will be appreciated,

Regards,

Jelle Post

3 answers

0 votes
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2013

Hi Jelle,

You might want to check if your users are not with a custom setting for the timezone set on their user profiles. This setting will override the JVM argument.

For more details, check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Choosing+a+Time+Zone

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply,

I cecked the timezone of the user in question, but the timezone is set to the correct value in the user profile.

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply,

I cecked the timezone of the user in question, but the timezone is set to the correct value in the user profile.

Hello,

I'm trying to change default user time zone to JVM setting using:

set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=America/New_York" in setenv.sh

I restarted Jira server but I dont see changes reflected. I'm just trying to modify default jira system timezone. (login -> adminstration -> system -> system info).

Thanks,

Pratima

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,859 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot