Change username

Dimitrios Traskas August 7, 2011

Hi

we have JIRA and Confluence and we are integrating a JIRA issues macro in a Confluence page. However I have a problem as one of the accounts does not have the same username and password in both. As a result the JIRA issues macro fails and unless I match the username in JIRA and Confluence I cant make it work. Unfortunately the account it fails is the admininstrator one. Do you know of a workaround with this problem? Can I rename somehow the username?

Cheers

1 answer

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2011

Yes you can but it can be a little involved.

My first suggestion is if it is just the admin account and you are not actively using the admin account for logging issues, creating pages etc.. it is probably a lot quicker to just create a new matching admin account and inactivate the old one.

However, to prevent this occuring in the future (and if you are using JIRA 4.3+ and Confluence 3.5+) I would set up Confluence to use JIRA's userbase. This will ensure that your applications share the same users and can fully trust each other.

If you do need to rename users, for Confluence

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+Usernames

And JIRA, export JIRA to xml and do some search replace regular expressions on the output (but be careful, backup first !!!)

Dimitrios Traskas August 7, 2011

Thanks for the help

Suggest an answer