Change the word Issues

Can you change the word issues to something like, tickets?

We find that issues has a negative connotation when many of the things added are not issues but perhaps improvements or tasks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Actually, you can change it without modifying the source code. It is a bit hard though for "Issues" bacause it is used in so many places. But we have done that for customers. Two options:

1. Using the "In Product Translations" plugin (Too many places to change though) : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.translations.jira.inproduct

2. Translating JIRA.

I like the add-in. While yes it does not do 100% of what is needed, it did to it many places.

Thanks,

Hey Emma unfortunately that's not a supported thing. To change it one must go to Jira's source code and that's definetely non good.

If you want you can make a feature request for it. Let me know if I can provide any other assistance!

0 vote
Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Jun 12, 2014

Hello,

This documentation may help you: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing%20Text

Using the translator plugin that Jobin has mentioned is a good option to achieve this.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

156 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you