Change service request to incident

Jeret Shuck December 6, 2019

As it stands, my agents have to go through a 4-step page just to get a service request into an incident. It's a huge pain in the butt. Is there any way to make this easier?

vivaldi_tJBuAv16Fl.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2019

No.  It's got several steps because changing the issue type is a fundamentally difficult thing to do, as it is structural.  All the config of an issue hangs off the issue type.

You might get better value by looking at why your people are raising the wrong type of issue

Jeret Shuck December 9, 2019

Thanks for the response. That's a bummer to hear. As it stands, most our users send in emails that are all assigned the same status/fields. Not ideal.

Like Wyatt Best likes this
Nik Laskaris May 12, 2021

Jeret, they should be able to raise change requests from the front end.  Ultimately changing the business mindset is one of the biggest changes.  Get your CIO to agree a honeymoon period of 2-3 weeks after you distribute some instructional comms; after that you return emails asking the business to enter correctly into the portal.

My persuasive argument (WIIFM?) is "Its the same information as the email, but quicker, and tracks service levels!"    EG Nothing gets lost in the mail.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Jeret Shuck May 12, 2021

Can't believe I asked this almost two years ago. Nonetheless, we're making a push at our company right now to get users on the portal instead of using email.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

That's absolutely the right thing to do. 

Help-by-email can be quick and useful, but with a portal, you can set it up to ask exactly the questions your agents need answers to in order to help faster/better.  Emall isn't the best way to ask for help in most cases, the portal is a lot more controlled and helpful.

Joao Santos March 6, 2024

I am facing this very issue right now.

I am starting to implement this and I now most of the requests will be received by email, at least in the beggining.

There should by a simpler way to convert the service request into an incident without going through these 4 steps mentioned by @Jeret Shuck 

in the last two years, was there any update on the system to simplify the process?

Kathy Anderson April 9, 2024

I was able to reconfigure my email request type,  under project settings and email request section there are 3 dots at the top right that I never noticed before and I was able to change it there and make the email requests come in as incidents, if that is desirable for you to have them all come in that way.

Suggest an answer