Change security level on transition

Kim Andersson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2016

Hello there, I would like to change the security level on an issue when I'm doing transitions in a workflow. 

What is the easiest way to do this? Preferrably without an extra plugin. 

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user April 20, 2016

You can add a post function to your transition if the level change is always the same...

See here;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html

Kim Andersson April 21, 2016

I can't seem to find anything about setting security level on that page. I'd gladly appreciate some further help with this issue 

Deleted user April 21, 2016

I was thinking of this f(x):

image2016-4-21 8:42:30.png

But you do need the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" plugin - it's free (if you are Cloud) and it adds a lot of nice stuff!

Deployment
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2019

I looked into that plug in and it is no longer free. We are already over budget for Jira and can't add it. I am basically trying to do the same as Kim

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ April 20, 2016

You can add a screen to a transition, so you simply have to create a screen with the field security level and apply it to the transition.

After that, you will be able to select manually the security level for the next issue status.

Kim Andersson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 20, 2016

This sounds like a really uneccesary way of solving the problem, what I'd like is a simple oneliner script that simply changes the security level depending on what transition it's doing. I'm not that great on scripts unfortunately

Suggest an answer