Change Status Color

Daniela Lupton June 18, 2019

Currently in my queue 'Waiting for Customer' and 'Waiting for Support' look very similar and I would like for them to stand out ie one red and one green.  Is this possible?

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 19, 2019

Hi Daniela,

Sadly JSD Queues cannot be customize in any way. What about editing the queue label itself and use emojis?

Something like this:
Captura.PNG

A simple but useful trick ;) You can find much more emojis HERE
Kind Regards.

Vishnu Ellusamy May 23, 2022

Hello @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ ,

Thank you for this, I was able to do this and it looks a lot better now.

For others, if you are not sure where to make changes, I did it in https://SITE-URL/secure/admin/ViewStatuses.jspa -> Statuses ->  Click on edit and add emoji from the portal mentioned above as per your requirement. 

Thanks,

Josephine Ibe September 14, 2023

I've been working with JIRA for over a year and didn't know it was possible. Great idea. Thank you. 😁

0 votes
Richard Cross March 3, 2021

Rather than color coding, perhaps use different queues for these status types?  Do you really need/want to see "Waiting for Customer" tickets in your regular queue?

0 votes
John Fetzik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

I far as I know you cannot do what you are asking for without an add-on.

The background color of the Status in Jira is controlled byt the Category assigned to the particular Status value. There are only three Categories, thus only three colors. Those being 'To Do' (grey), 'In Progress' (blue) or 'Done' (green).

Suggest an answer