Change Default assignee of 950 projects

Hi,

Is it possible to change the default assignee of 950 projects from Unasigned to project lead in a single SQL query.?

Is there any other way than doig it from the Admin console of each project? How to avoid this tedious task..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

No, you need to do 950 projects, or use SQL (with a proven backup and Jira offline) or you could try scripting it if you've got the script runner plugin

No.. I dont have script runner plugin..

any idea about the sql query which will do the task?

I think this is a simple one. You still need to stop Jira and back it up, prove the backup is ok, but once you've done that, the SQL should be something like

update project set lead = 'users login id'

You shouldn't need to re-index or do any other messing around, just restart Jira afterwards.

(Of course, that will blart the same person across every project, so you may need some more update lines with some "where" cleauses)

Hi Nic,

I need to change the default assignee to project lead.

I dont want to change the project lead.

update project set assigneetype = 2

Ack, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Andris' SQL is exactly what I'd say too. (Same caveats about stop and backup. But also, you won't need to reindex for this one either)

Thaks Andris and Nic.. :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

202 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you